Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Working on a short story. You like?

Nightfall; bringing a certain mysterious presence that is as much of a blessing as it is a curse. The darkness of the sky is always in such perfect contrast with the brightness of the full autumn moon; always allowing me to remember how my life came to be this way. I embraced the darkness, for it was the only home I knew.
The streetlight above me flickered as I looked down the seemingly vacant midnight street. A rush of adrenaline consumed my frozen body as his deep violet eyes met mine. His beautiful olive skin glowed in the moonlight, and it became brighter with every step I took to meet him. Elijah was my love; my destiny; my only light.
“Eli,” I whispered as his cold hand met my face, causing sparks to jolt through each of my senses. Leaning forward with full force, my full lips met his mouth- then heaven I never knew. As Eli tightened his embrace on my slender waist, my heart quickened the way it had when I was alive.
Alive I thought, returning the embrace. How I craved to be alive. Oh how I hungered to feel the rush of blood through my hollow veins. The curse of the night had charmed me so quickly and taken me away from a beauty I knew only decades ago.
A tear, so clear and spherical, fell from my clear white eyes as the thought of the joy it was to feel warm human touch upon my skin. As much as I loved my Eli, this was the one pleasure he could not provide for me in our current state of being.
Stopping abruptly, Eli reached his hand out to my face with understandable caution. Lightly wiping a tear from my left cheek, he gazed into my eyes as his face formed to the same pained expression I was showing at that moment. Elijah felt my pain when nobody else understood it.


It's not finished, very rough, and barely makes any sense, but I think it may be good enough to continue :)
Tell me what you think (be harsh- PLEASE)

1 comment:

  1. Oh- I forgot to mention that Elijah and the narrator (whose name I'm not giving out yet) are NOT VAMPIRES. Also, Elijah's a mute so don't expect a word to come out of his mouth.

    ReplyDelete